I’m headed off to the Missouri basketball game in a few minutes so I won’t be around for the actual presentation but I can still give my ballot. Truth be told, I don’t care who wins this award, it’s rarely given to the right player. I’ll cut right to the chase here because I’m walking out the door…here’s my ballot if I’m voting:
1. Ndamukong Suh – Nebraska – If the award is for the best player, this is a no-brainer.
2. Toby Gerhart – Stanford – Eye popping stats for this running back make him number two.
3. Mark Ingram – Alabama – I just never jumped on the “best player on the best team” bandwagon. Doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to me. Still, Ingram is in the Top 3.
4. Colt McCoy – Texas – If I was picking based on who I wanted to win, McCoy would be the choice.
5. CJ Spiller – Clemson – It’s a shame that Tim Tebow is at this presentation while Spiller is not.
Filed under: NCAA Football Tagged: | Alabama, CJ Spiller, Clemson, College Football, Colt McCoy, Heisman Trophy, Mark Ingram, NCAA Football, NCAAF, Ndamukong Suh, Nebraska, stanford, texas, Toby Gerhart