To check out the live blog from Day 1, go here. To check out more of our concluding thoughts from yesterday, go here. Just like yesterday, I will be blogging and Bryan will be taking care of the comments. Today I won’t be providing quite as much analysis due to the fact that teams only have five minutes to make their picks on Day 2 which means I won’t have as much time to provide my opinion on here.
65. New York Jets – Shonn Greene, RB, Iowa – This is good value and now they have Mark Sanchez and Shonn Greene to start building their offense of the future.
66. St. Louis Rams – Bradley Fletcher, CB, Iowa – Bryan wanted DJ Moore and once again he got the position he wanted just not the player he wanted. That has happened with all three of the Rams pick so far. For Bryan’s sake I’m just going to hope the Rams are better at evaluating talent than he is, but that they both have a good idea of their positions of need.
67. Kansas City Chiefs -Alex Magee, DT, Purdue – This is a bit of a reach, but he’s the best defensive tackle available so they didn’t really have any other options.
68. Chicago Bears -Jarron Gilbert, DE, San Jose State – Great pick. I heard some boos from the crowd on TV, but they probably just don’t know what they’re talking about.
69. Dallas Cowboys – Jason Williams, OLB, Western Illinois – It’s an okay pick but why not take Marcus Freeman, Cody Brown or Lawrence Sidbury Jr?
70. Cincinnati Bengals -Michael Johnson, DE, Georgia Tech – GREAT PICK. The Bengals are having a phenomenal draft and might be able to make some noise this year.
71. Oakland Raiders -Matt Shaughnessy, DE, Wisconsin – HUGE reach. The whole Raiders organization is screwed. This is one of the worsts drafts I’ve seen a team have. Al Davis needs to be put down. Yes, put down like when a dog gets too old and can’t function anymore.
72. Jacksonville Jaguars -Terrance Knighton, DT, Temple – Horrible pick. This was a HUGE reach.
73. Jacksonville Jaguars – Derek Cox, DB, William and Mary – I’ve never even heard of this guy… So in my opinion this is a dreadful pick. The Jags are having a dreadful draft… and I couldn’t be happier about it.
74. San Francisco 49ers – Glen Coffee, RB, Alabama – This is also a reach in my opinion. I’m still waiting for someone to take DJ Moore. This should work based on what the Niners are looking for and after adding Crabtree they’re taking the necessary steps to fixing their offense.
75. Dallas Cowboys – Robert Brewster, OT, Ball State – Gigantic reach… the Cowboys are not starting off well in my opinion.
76. Detroit Lions – DeAndre Levy, OLB, Wisconsin – Another huge reach.
77. Houston Texans -Antoine Caldwell, C, Alabama – This is a much better pick than the last few.
78. San Diego Chargers – Louis Vasquez, OG, Texas Tech – I feel like there have been a TON of reaches so far. This is one of them.
79. Pittsburgh Steelers -Kraig Urbik, OG, Wisconsin – Great pick for the Steelers, their biggest weakness last year was definitely the offensive line and this is an okay value from their pick and it addresses a huge need. Thank you, Pittsburgh for making the first good pick in a while.
80. Washington Redskins -Kevin Barnes, VB, Maryland – Good pick and good value… this would be a great pick… If DJ Moore weren’t still on the board. Am I missing something here? Why is no one taking Moore?
81. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -Roy Miller, DT, Texas – Why not take Ricky Jean-Francois?
82. Detroit Lions -Derrick Williams, WR, Penn State – I think this is a good pick and good value. It’s be interesting to see how he does as a receiver in the NFL, but at the very least he should serve well as a return man.
83. new england patriots -Brandon Tate, WR, North Carolina – I think Tate is going to be a bust primarily because in college he played with Hakeem Nicks who drew a lot of the attention to him. When Tate is facing and NFL secondary I don’t think he’ll be near as good.
84. Pittsburgh Steelers -Mike Wallace, WR, Mississippi – Wallace is a good speed receiver but I think they could have waited until the fourth round to draft him.
85. New York Giants – Ramses Barden, WR, Cal Poly – Some might consider this a bit of a reach, but I think Barden is going to be a great player. The Giants took Hakeem Nicks in the first round, and these two being on the field at the same time is going to cause some serious matchup issues for opposing secondaries.
86. Minnesota Vikings – Asher Allen, CB, Georgia – Once again this would be a great pick and great value if DJ Moore weren’t still on the board. At this point I’m really hoping Moore falls to my Colts.
87. Miami Dolphins -Patrick Turner, WR, USC – Good possession receiver but this is definitely a reach. The Dolphins have made some questionable decisions in this draft in my opinion but the Big Tuna knows that he’s doing.
88. Baltimore Ravens -Ladarius Webb, CB, Nicholls State – This is a reach and it’s not a good pick because DJ MOORE IS STILL ON THE BOARD!
89. Tennessee Titans – Jared Cook, TE, South Carolina – Great value out of this pick, but I’m surprised to see the Titans trade up to take him. I thought for sure this would be a DJ Moore pick. It’s in state, in city, and DJ Moore is easily the best player available.
90. Atlanta Falcons -Christopher Owens, CB, San Jose State – Not a huge reach, but just in case I haven’t said it enough yet… DJ MOORE IS STILL ON THE BOARD!
91. Seattle Seahawks – Deon Butler, WR, Penn State – Big reach.
92. Indianapolis Colts – Jerraud Powers, CB, Auburn – I am not happy with this pick at all. It’s a huge huge reach and did I mention DJ MOORE IS STILL AVAILABLE!
93. Carolina Panthers -Corvey Irvin, DT, Georgia – Another big reach.
94. Tennessee Titans -Ryan Mouton, CB, Hawaii – DJ Moore.
95. Arizona Cardinals -Rashad Johnson, FS, Alabama – Great pick for the Cards. Amazing value and a great all around pick.
96. Pittsburgh Steelers -Keenan Lewis, CB, Oregon State – Do I have to say it?
97. new england patriots -Tyrone McKenzie, OLB, South Florida – This is actually a really good pick… unfortunately.
98. Cincinnati Bengals – Chase Coffman, TE, Missouri – This is a fantastic pick. The Bengals really truly are having one of the best drafts so far and could make a playoff run this year… if they can get Ocho Cinco to actually try.
99. Chicago Bears -Juaquin Iglesias, WR, Oklahoma – This is a very good pick. The Bears need a lot of help and this gives them a good weapon on offense.
100. New York Giants -Travis Beckum, TE, Wisconsin – Good pick here, gives them another tight end to use and another big target for Eli.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ROUND 4 * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
101. Dallas Cowboys – Stephen McGee, QB, Texas A&M – This is obviously a depth pick, but they’re getting great value out of it so I think it works.
102. Kansas City Chiefs – Donald Washington, CB, Ohio State – This is a reach. And DJ Moore is probably crying in a corner somewhere at this point.
103. St. Louis Rams -Dorell Scott, DT, Clemson – The Rams are clearly trying to boost their defense and this will help. It’s a fair value here and he should be able to make an impact as a rookie.
104. Cleveland Browns – Kaluka Maiava, OLB, USC – This is a bit of a reach, and I feel like he’s unproven but he might work for the Browns.
105. Chicago Bears -Henry Melton, DE, Texas – Another reach.
106. Cincinnati Bengals – Jonathan Luigs, C, Arkansas – This is a very good pick. He is a very good value here and he is versatile, being able to play both center and guard.
107. Jacksonville Jaguars -Mike Thomas, WR, Arizona – This is easily the Jags best pick so far. It’s great value and Mike Thomas is a great speed receiver.
108. Miami Dolphins -Brian Hartline, WR, Ohio State – This was a really big reach. They probably could have waited a couple more rounds to get Hartline.
109. Green Bay Packers -T.J. Lang, OT, Eastern Michigan – Good, safe pick here for the Packers.
110. Dallas Cowboys – Victor Butler, DE, Oregon State – Dallas really isn’t putting together a good draft in my opinion. This is another very big reach for them.
111. Carolina Panthers -Mike Goodson, RB, Texas A&M – This is an okay pick. I can’t really say anything against it but I don’t think it’s the best pick they could have made.
112. Houston Texans – Glover Quin, CB, New Mexico – DJ Moore.
113. San Diego Chargers – Vaughn Martin, DT, Western Ontario – HUGE reach. The Chargers are having one of the worst drafts this year.
114. Denver Broncos – David Bruton, FS, Notre Dame – Good value here. Smart pick for the Broncos.
115. Detroit Lions -Sammie Lee Hill, DT, Stillman – A little bit of a reach but they do need a run stopper.
116. New Orleans Saints – Chip Vaughn, SS, Wake Forest – This is a phenomenal pick at this point, great value and the Saints continue to improve their defense which they certainly need to do.
117. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -Kyle Moore, DE, USC – Decent pick for the Bucs. It’s fair value and USC produces good defensive players.
118. New Orleans Saints – Stanley Arnoux, ILB, Wake Forest – This is a disappointing pick after making such a good pick just two spots earlier… but I guess they’re hoping that these two will already have good chemistry after playing together at Wake Forest.
119. Chicago Bears – DJ Moore, CB, Vanderbilt – FINALLY! All Bears fans should be absolutely stoked about getting Moore this late.
120. Dallas Cowboys – Brandon Williams, DE, Texas Tech – This is probably the best pick Dallas has made so far. It’s a decent value at this pick but the Cowboys really aren’t impressing me with their picks.
121. Buffalo Bills – Shawn Nelson, TE, Southern Mississippi – Great value here for Buffalo.
122. Houston Texans – Anthony Hill, TE, North Carolina State – This is a decent pick for the Texans but they probably could have made a better one.
123. new england patriots – Richard Ohrnberger, OG, Penn State – This is a terrible pick. I know people probably think I’m just being biased with how much I’m bashing the pats picks, but in my opinion they’ve only made one good pick in this entire draft.
124. Oakland Raiders – louis murphy, WR, florida – Hey, it’s actually a pick with decent value, unfortunately it’s still the Raiders and their owner is still a crazy old man and louis murphy is a receiver from florida so he’s going to be a bust.
125. Atlanta Falcons – Lawrence Sidbury, DE, Richmond – Great, great pick. I expect the Falcons to be just as good, if not better than they were last year.
126. Oakland Raiders – Slade Norris, OLB, Oregon State – And once again the Raiders are reaching for a player that they probably could have gotten as an undrafted free agent.
127. Indianapolis Colts – Austin Collie, WR, BYU – I’m happy with this pick. Day 2 isn’t going exactly how I wanted it to for my Colts but I trust Bill Polian so I’m not too disappointed.
128. Carolina Panthers – Tony Fiammetta, FB, Syracuse – This is a good pick. I’m a little surprised by it but certainly can’t argue it.
129. New York Giants – Andre Brown, RB, North Carolina State – This is an AMAZING pick. With the way the draft is going for the Giants, once these players have all had a year to develop, I might have the G-Men as my early favorite for Super Bowl XLV.
130. Tennessee Titans – Gerald McRath, ILB, Southern Mississippi – Good pick for the Titans, they will be able to use McRath well and he’s a good value at this point as well.
131. Arizona Cardinals – Gregory Toler, CB, St. Pauls College – This is an okay pick but there were certainly higher rated players available.
132. Denver Broncos – Seth Olsen, OT, Iowa – What? Really? This is a player that I think they could have waited a couple more rounds before getting.
133. San Diego Chargers – Tyronne Green, OG, Auburn – This is probably the best pick of the draft for the Chargers so far. It’s not a great pick, but at least it’s not a bad pick.
134. San Diego Chargers – Gartrell Johnson, RB, Colorado State – AND now the Chargers are back to making horrible picks. Huge huge reach here, especially when you look at the other backs available.
135. Tennessee Titans – Troy Kropog, OT, Tulane – Another good pick for the Titans.
136. Indianapolis Colts – Terrance Taylor, DT, Michigan – I really wanted Meredith here. I feel like Taylor is a bit of a reach and Meredith would have been a much better value.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ROUND 5 * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
137. Baltimore Ravens – Jason Phillips, ILB, TCU – Good pick for the Ravens. Phillips will be able to learn under Ray Lewis and develop into a reliable player. Also good value here.
138. Atlanta Falcons -William Middleton, CB, Furman – Huge, huge, huge reach. Middleton might have gone undrafted.
139. Kansas City Chiefs – Colin Brown, OT, Missouri – Umm sorry to Bryan and the other Mizzou fans reading this, but this is a huge reach. Maybe the Chiefs wanted to stay in state and take a player that the fans are already a fan of, but the Chiefs aren’t having near as good of a draft as they did last year.
140. Chicago Bears – Johnny Knox, WR, Abilene Christian – A good speed receiver. Could be considered a bit of a reach, but it’s an okay pick here.
141. Baltimore Ravens – Kenny McKinley, WR, South Carolina – Another good speed receiver but this is a reach. There were some other players available that I think would have been a better idea.
142. Cincinnati Bengals -Kevin Huber, P, Cincinnati – Homer pick? This was a reach… for a punter.They could have waited one more round to grab him, but they’re keeping him in the city.
143. Dallas Cowboys – DeAngelo Smith, CB, Cincinnati – Great pick here all around. Smith was probably the best corner available and the Cowboys got a steal.
144. Jacksonville Jaguars – Jarrett Dillard, WR, Rice – Wow, this is a great pick. By far the best pick of the draft for the Jags.
145. Green Bay Packers – Quinn Johnson, FB, LSU – This is a reach, but I guess if they wanted a full back they didn’t have a whole lot of options.
146. San Francisco 49ers – Scott McKillop, ILB, Pittsburgh – This is a good pick here. I was hoping that my Colts could grab McKillop in round five so I can’t say anything against this pick.
147. Buffalo Bills -Nic Harris, S, Oklahoma – I don’t like Nic Harris at all, and I think this is a bit of a reach. It’ll be interesting to see how far Harris’s style of play and his mouth get him in the NFL.
148. San Diego Chargers – Brandon Hughes, CB, Oregon State – This is a good pick for the Chargers. It’s about where I would expect Hughes to go.
149. Baltimore Ravens – Davon Drew, TE, East Carolina – I understand taking a tight end here… just not this one. It’s a big reach and there are much better tight ends available.
150. Minnesota Vikings – Jasper Brinkley, ILB, South Carolina – This is a fantastic pick. Good value and the Vikings fans should be very happy about getting Brinkley at this point.
151. New York Giants – Rhett Boman, QB, Sam Houston State – Clearly a depth pick for the Giants in case Eli goes down with an injury. Great value here.
152. Houston Texans – James Casey , TE, Rice –
153. Philadelphia Eagles -cornelius ingram, TE, florida – He missed his entire senior season with injury, it’ll be interesting to see how he bounces back from that… and by interesting I mean I hope he gets hit by a bus.
154. Chicago Bears – Marcus Freeman, LB, Ohio State – This is a great pick. Great value and the Bears are having a nice draft.
155. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Xavier Fulton, OT, Illinois – Good pick here… I guess they want someone to protect Josh Freeman… hahaha.
156. Atlanta Falcons -Garrett Reynolds, OT, North Carolina – Big reach especially with Jamon Meredith still on the board.
157. Philadelphia Eagles -Victor Harris, CB, Virginia Tech – This is an amazing pick. Ridiculously good value here.
158. Washington Redskins – Cody Glenn, RB, Nebraska – I thought Cody Glenn was a linebacker, but they’re listing him as a running back… either way this is a huge reach. Not a good pick for the Redskins.
159. Philadelphia Eagles – Fenuki Tupou, OT, Oregon – A great pick for the eagle. Fantastic value but I still can’t believe Meredith is on the board.
160. St. Louis Rams -Brooks Foster, WR, North Carolina – Not a bad pick here. Definitely not what Bryan wanted. He was hoping for more o-line help but this pick definitely isn’t a bad pick. Foster is the third Tar Heel wide receiver taken in this draft but he was rated relatively well by most scouts.
161. Miami Dolphins – John Nalbone, TE, Monmouth – Umm… what? I’m not surprised about the Dolphins taking a tight end but this guy wasn’t even going to be drafted. There are at least ten other tight ends still available that I would have rated higher than Nalbone. I don’t know what Bill Parcells was thinking with this pick.
162. Green Bay Packers – Jamon Meredith, OT, South Carolina – Fantastic pick by the Packers. I was waiting for somebody to grab Meredith and the Packers got a steal here.
163. Carolina Panthers – Duke Robinson, OG, Oklahoma – That’s back to back great offensive line picks. First the Packers with Meredith and now the Panthers with Duke Robinson. This is a great great pick, especially this late in the draft.
164. New Orleans Saints – Thomas Morstead, P, SMU – Another punter that I think is a reach. This is odd.
165. Miami Dolphins – Chris Clemons, FS, Clemson – This is a really good pick for the Dolphins, especially after the highly questionable tight end they picked earlier in this round. This is a much better pick and reassures me that Parcells does know what he’s doing and probably knew what he was doing taking that tight end as well.
166. Dallas Cowboys – Michael Hamlin, SS, Clemson – The second Clemson safety taken in a row. This is also a great pick. The Cowboys got a steal here.
167. Arizona Cardinals – Herman Johnson, OG/OT, LSU – Wow, this is an amazing pick. This is a huge huge steal. I can’t believe Herman Johnson fell this far.
168. Pittsburgh Steelers – Joe Burnett, CB, Central Florida – Well dang. I really thought Joe Burnett would fall the Colts in the the sixth round. So this is a reach, but they’re also getting a good player. If nothing else he’s probably the best kick returner in the draft.
169. Pittsburgh Steelers – Frank Summers, RB, UNLV – Another reach here. Not real sure why they felt the need to make this pick.
170. new england patriots – George Bussey, OG, Louisville – Hahaha, this is a ludicrously bad pick. Bussey probably wasn’t even in the top 500 players.
171. San Francisco 49ers – Nate Davis, QB, Ball State – Somebody finally took Nate Davis. Bryan isn’t happy. The Niners got great value here though. Maybe he’ll be throwing the ball to Michael Crabtree.
172. Dallas Cowboys – David Buehler, K, USC – Really? It’s a slight reach, and he’s not even the best kicker in the draft.
173. Tennessee Titans – Javon Ringer, RB, Michigan State – Great great value here… but why? To replace LenDale White I suppose. It’s a pick I definitely can’t argue though because of the amazing value of it.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ROUND 6 * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
174. Denver Broncos – Tom Brandstater, QB, Fresno State – Well they need a quarterback, but this is a bit of a reach. I think Brian Hoyer would have been a better choice.
175. Kansas City Chiefs – Quinten Lawrence, WR, McNeese State – That’s a reach. Demetrius Byrd maybe?
176. Atlanta Falcons – Spencer Adkins, OLB, Miami – This pick surprises me. With Casillas and Follett still on the board I’d have thought they’d be taken first.
177. Cleveland Browns – Don Carey, CB, Norfolk State – Coye Francies, Cary Harris, Captain Munnerlyn and other were all still available… the order that the corners have gone in this draft is very confusing.
178. Seattle Seahawks – Mike Teel, QB, Rutgers – At this point I feel bad for Brian Hoyer.
179. Cincinnati Bengals – Morgan Trent, CB, Michigan – This is a good pick and good value, but the cornerback picks are still confusing me.
180. Jacksonville Jaguars – Zach Miller, TE, Nebraska-Omaha – What is with some of these tight ends being drafted?
181. Miami Dolphins – Andrew Gardner, OT, Georgia Tech – This is a decent pick. Gerald Cadogan may have been better, but this is okay.
182. Green Bay Packers – Jarius Wynn, DE, Georgia – Big reach here. They might have been able to get Wynn in free agency after the draft.
183. Buffalo Bills – Cary Harris, CB, USC – Great pick here for the Bills. They got a lot of value out of this pick.
184. San Fracisco 49ers – Bear Pascoe, TE, Fresno State – This makes sense. He’s not the best tight end available at this point, but he’s in the top three.
185. Baltimore Ravens – Cedric Peerman, RB, Virginia – Peerman is a great change of pace back and is really good value here. The Ravens just made a fantastic pick.
186. Washington Redskins – Robert Henson, ILB, TCU – Wow, this was not a good pick… at all. I don’t think anybody expected Henson to actually be drafted.
187. Green Bay Packers – Brandon Underwood, DB, Cincinnati – Good pick for the Packers here. Good value and will help provide some depth in their secondary.
188. Houston Texans – Brice McCain, CB, Utah – And the order that the corners are being taken in continues to confuse me.
189. San Diego Chargers – Kevin Ellison, SS, USC – This is a safe pick here. Not too great not too bad.
190. Chicago Bears – Al Alfalva, SS, Oregon State – This is a little bit of a reach. I’m surprised CJ Spillman is still available with all the safeties being taken.
191. Cleveland Browns – Coye Francies, CB, San Jose State – This is a brilliant pick, an absolute steal getting him this late.
192. Detroit Lions – Aaron Brown, RB, TCU – I really can’t believe Rashad Jennings is still on the board. Somebody needs to draft him.
193. New York Jets -Matt Slauson, OG, Nebraska – Trevor Canfield, Greg Isdaner and Anthony Parker are all better guards than Slauson, so this makes me scratch my head a little bit.
194. Philadelphia Eagles – Brandon Gibson, WR, Washington State – This is good value at this pick, but there are definitley better receivers available.
195. Cleveland Browns – James Davis, RB, Clemson – Good pick and good value but I’m still surprised that people are taking other running backs before Rashad Jennings.
196. St. Louis Rams – Keith Null, QB, West Texas A&M – Who? “That’s a horrible pick. Graham Harrell or Brian Hoyer would have been much better” – Bryan.
197. Dallas Cowboys – Stephen Hodge, OLB, TCU – The Cowboys are still reaching for players. I’m not impressed by their draft at all.
198. new england patriots – jacob ingram, C, Hawaii – I’m guessing they drafted him as a long snapper. I’m pretty sure that’s what he’s known for. It’s a reach though.
199. Oakland Raiders – Stryker Sulak, DE, Missouri – Surprisingly this isn’t too bad of a pick. It’s a reach, but it’s not quite up to Al Davis’s standards of insanity.
200. New York Giants – DeAndre Wright, CB, New Mexico – Well this is a bad pick. I don’t even know who DeAndre Wright is.
201. Indianapolis Colts – Curtis Painter, QB, Purdue – I don’t want a damn quarterback. If it’s for depth is doesn’t matter. Peyton gets injured our season is over anyhow. If it’s for the future, then don’t draft him now, wait til about the 2014 draft. This is also a reach. I’m not happy about this at all. It sucks.
202. Oakland Raiders – Brandon Myers, TE, Iowa – This guy wasn’t even rated as one of the top 400 players. Good job, Al. You still are a crazy old man.
203. Tennessee Titans – Jason McCourty, CB, Rutgers – Wow this is a horrible pick. I don’t know who this is and there are definitely some good cornerbacks left.
204. Arizona Cardinals – Will Davis, DE, Illinois – Mitch King and Michael Bennett would have been better DEs to take here.
205. Pittsburgh Steelers – Sonny Harris, DT, Oregon – I think his first name is actually Ra’Shon. Either way there are a quite a few DTs I would have picked before him.
206. Tennessee Titans – Dominique Edison, WR, Stephen F Austin – This is a decent value, getting a good speed receiver. That’s the second receiver the Titans have taken in this draft.
207. new england patriots – Myron Pryor, DT, Kentucky – Why does nobody want Ricky Jean-Francois?
208. Dallas Cowboys – John Phillips, TE, Virginia – Good value but not the best TE available.
209. Cincinnati Bengals – Bernard Scott, RB, Abilene Christian – I really can’t believe Rashad Jennings is getting the shaft like this.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ROUND 7 * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
210. Atlanta Falcons – Vance Walker, DT, Georgia Tech – Really good value with this pick by the Falcons. At this point I’m hoping Ricky Jean-Francois falls all the way to the Colts in the seventh round.
211. St. Louis Rams – Chris Ogbonnaya, RB, Texas – I doubt Bryan likes this pick. He shouldn’t anyhow. Again, if you’re gonna take a running back at this point, why not take Rashad Jennings?
212. Kansas City Chiefs – Javarris Williams, RB, Tennessee State – Good value… if Rashad Jennings wasn’t available.
213. Philadelphia Eagles – Paul Fanaika, OG, Arizona State – Wa wa wee woo, this is a reach.
214. Miami Dolphins – J.D. Folsom, OLB, Weber State – Well, my friend who is a Dolphins fan said he wanted to Dolphins to take a linebacker, but I doubt this is who he wanted. This is a huge reach… even for the seventh round.
215. Cincinnati Bengals – Fui Vakapuna, RB, BYU – What in the world? The Bengals take two running backs just seven picks apart and this one makes absolutely zero sense. This is a dreadful pick.
216. Carolina Panthers – Captain Munnerlyn, CB, South Carolina – This is a fantastic pick by the Panthers. They get an absolutely amazing value taking Munnerlyn this late.
217. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – EJ Biggers, CB, Western Michigan – This is another gigantic reach. Mike Mickens really should have been picked here.
218. Green Bay Packers – Brad Jones, OLB, Colorado – Jonathan Casillas and Zach Follett are two outside linebackers that should really be drafted before guys like Brad Jones… whos shouldn’t even be drafted at all.
219. San Francisco 49ers – Curtis Taylor, FS, LSU – Hey, now this is a pick that makes sense. It’s about where I would expect Curtis Taylor to go. There are a few safeties rated higher, but at least they didn’t reach for some player that doesn’t even deserve to be drafted.
220. Buffalo Bills – Ellis Lankster, DB, West Virginia – This would be one of those picks I just mentioned.
221. Washington Redskins – Eddie Williams, TE, Idaho – Who is this guy? Nobody knows.
222. Indianapolis Colts – Pat McAfee, K/P, West Virginia – I can’t believe we actually took a kicker and that it wasn’t Louie Sakoda. It wasn’t even Graham Gano. This kid better be a beast. Mel Kiper just said that he can hit 58 yarders and he better be able to because I know for a fact he isn’t the best kicker in this draft… and he better be a freaking awesome punter too.
223. Houston Texans – Troy Nolan, FS, Arizona State – Big reach. They should have taken CJ Spillman.
224. San Diego Chargers – Demetrius Byrd, WR, LSU – This is phenomenal value. Great pick here.
225. Denver Broncos – Blake Schlueter, C, TCU – This is a slight reach but I can’t really argue it.
226. Pittsburgh Steelers – A.Q. Shipley, C, Penn State – This is a steal. Great value and a great pick for the Steelers.
227. Dallas Cowboys – Mike Mickens, CB, Cincinnati – This is a really good pick by the Cowboys, they couldn’t ask for much better value from a pick at this point.
228. Detroit Lions – Lydon Murtha, OT, Nebraska – This is about where Murtha was expected to go so it’s a good pick by the Lions.
229. Dallas Cowboys – Manuel Johnson, WR, Oklahoma – Another good pick by the Cowboys, great value and got a member of the highest scoring offense in NCAA history.
230. Philadelphia Eagles – Moise Fokou, OLB, Maryland – Big reach here. I still can’t figure out why Jonathan Casillas and Zach Follett haven’t been drafted.
231. Minnesota Vikings – Jamarca Sanford, SS, Mississippi – This is a solid pick here. It’s not great value but it’s at least a player that deserves to be drafted in my opinion.
232. new england patriots – Julian Edelman, WR, Kent State – This is another huge reach, but I don’t care because it’s the patriots. Edelman is a speed receiver, that’s all I can really say about him, because he wasn’t even supposd to be drafted.
233. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Sammie Stroughter, WR, Oregon State – Some great receivers have come from Oregon State… I just don’t think this is one of them. Not too much of a reach, but not exactly good value either.
234. new england patriots – Darryl Richard, DT, Georgia Tech – Another reach by the pats. I really can’t figure out why Ricky Jean-Francois hasn’t been taken.
235. Detroit Lions – Zack Follett, OLB, California – This is a fantastic pick, I was hoping he might fall one more spot to my Colts, but I wasn’t that lucky.
236. Indianapolis Colts – Jaimie Thomas, OG/OT, Maryland – This is amazing value here. He wasn’t who I wanted with this pick but I’m happy with it.
237. Kansas City Chiefs – Jake O’Connell, TE, Miami (OH) – Another player that shouldn’t have been drafted at all.
238. New York Giants – Stoney Woodson, CB, South Carolina – Haha, Stoney Woodson shouldn’t have been drafted either.
239. Tennessee Titans – Ryan Durand, OG, Syracuse – Yet somebody else who shouldn’t have been drafted.
240. Arizona Cardinals – Larod Stephens-Howling, RB, Pittsburgh – Yay for another player that I don’t think should have been drafted.
241. Pittsburgh Steelers – DJ Johnson, TE, Arkansas State – I thought David “DJ” Johnson was a fullback. I suppose it doesn’t really matter. They can use him at both tight end and fullback I’m guessing. This isn’t a huge reach, but it certainly is one.
242. Tennessee Titans – Nick Schommer, S, North Dakota State – I don’t know who this is.
243. Washington Redskins – Marko Mitchell, WR, Nevada – Why? There are AT LEAST ten other wide receivers still available that are better than him. I’m starting to feel bad for Quan Cosby. He’s been on TV all day without getting picked. That would be embarrassing.
244. San Fracisco 49ers – Ricky Jean-Francois, DT, LSU – This might be the biggest steal of the draft. I have no idea how he fell this far. It’s ridiculous. Good pick, Niners.
245. Seattle Seahawks – Courtney Greene, SS, Rutgers – This is a brilliant pick, another huge steal getting this player so late in the draft. Good pick by the Seahawks.
246. Chicago Bears – Lance Louis, OG, San Diego State – Woo hoo! Another player I’ve never heard of!
247. Seattle Seahawks – Nick Reed, DE/LB, Oregon – The Seahawks are making some good picks here at the end of the seventh round. This is great value for a versatile player that will provide depth at multiple postions.
248. Seattle Seahawks – Cameron Morrah, TE, California – Wow, somebody finally took a tight end that makes sense. This is a superb pick with great value. If the Seahawks had drafted in the whole draft the way they did in these last few picks then they’d have had the best draft of 2009.
249. Cincinnati Bengals – Clinton McDonald, DE, Memphis – This is a very strong pick by the Bengals. Amazing value and got a player with a ton of potential.
250. Jacksonville Jaguars – Rashad Jennings, RB, Liberty – Oh fantastic, one of the few teams that I don’t want to make a good pick is the one that takes Rashad Jennings, who I’ve been going on about for a couple rounds now. This really is a fantastic pick by the Jags unfortunately.
251. Chicago Bears – Derek Kinder, WR, Pittsburgh – It’ll be interesting to see how he develops. I’m not sold on him though.
252. Cincinnati Bengals – Freddie Brown, WR, Utah – I’m still feeling bad for Quan Cosby.
253. Jacksonville Jaguars – Tiquan Underwood, WR, Rutgers – A decent speed receiver with okay value here.
254. Arizona Cardinals – Trevor Canfield, OG, Cincinnati – This is a very good pick. I forgot Canfield was even still available. This is such a steal. Good pick, Cards.
255. Detroit Lions – Dan Gronkowski, TE, Maryland – This is a very good pick for the second to last pick in the draft. He will make a very good #2 tight end.
256. Kansas City Chiefs – Ryan Succop, K, South Carolina – I can’t believe that there were kickers taken and none of them were named Sakoda or Gano. But congratulations to Mr. Irrelevant nonetheless.